Site of Benedictine alien priory of Cormeilles. It was founded by William fitz Osbern before the Domesday Survey, who endowed it with the manor of Newent and the Church of St
Mary. Suppressed 1411 by Henry IV when it was granted to Fotheringay College. References exist in the Priory's cartulary to a hall, kitchen and stable, but not to a church. The parish church [SO 72 NW 28] was probably also the priory church. "Old Court", next to the parish church, may stand on the site of the priory hall. Other buildings connected with the Priory may have included a tithe barn [SO 72 NW 29] and a building within the churchyard which was demolished in 1810.