Farmhouse with some late 16th century features, encased in brick in the late 18th century. It stands on the site of a mid to late 15th century moated manor house, though only the gatehouse, moat and a fishpond survive. The ruined gatehouse was built circa 1460 and may contain a portcullis slot. It was probably restored in the early 19th century. The buildings stand within the moat which encloses a rectangular island, accessed via a modern causeway across the northern arm. An L-shaped fishpond is visible to the west of the moat.
The earthwork elements of the moat and fishponds were mapped from aerial photographs and lidar imagery as part of the Cheshire National Mapping Programme project.